Wii U: Super Mario Maker Arriving Soon
We took Super Mario Maker (SMM) for a spin back in June at E3 2015. While new information has been slowly trickling out over the past couple of months, Nintendo has been actively putting together an aggressive ad campaign. The Big N is banking on nostalgia and the online sharing of levels to be a high selling point for SMM…and the effort of this commercial makes the game very appealing.
The premise of the game is that you can create Mario levels in the style of 4 games:
- Super Mario Bros. – the original 8-bit game for the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) that started it all.
- Super Mario Bros. 3 – the changing of the Mario art style within the NES years to incorporate backtracking and flying. This game is still regarded as the greatest video game of all time by many gaming circles.
- Super Mario World – the 16-bit evolution of Mario that incorporated Mode 7 scaling and the creation of rounder, sharper, and less pixelated sprites.
- New Super Mario Bros. Series – the side scroller art style that has graced the Nintendo DS, 3DS, Wii, and Wii U. The gameplay has remained, but now replaced by polygonal on-screen characters and worlds.
Super Mario Maker will have you creating pipes and mushrooms on September 11th…everywhere.
- Previous Batmetal Returns to Save Aquaman
- Next Heroes & Villains Fan Fest to Debut in San Jose, California November 2015
You may also like...
Sorry - Comments are closed