The MCU: A Second Round with Jessica
Netflix and Marvel have just announced the second season of the critically acclaimed series, Jessica Jones. Like Daredevil before it, the “street level” Defenders roll-out on the streaming service is becoming quite the formidable critical force. There are some questions regarding an evolution of the traumatized private investigator. It doesn’t make sense for the series to continue with the post-traumatic stress disorder route as Jessica has conquered her purple foe. The diabolical source of her drinking has been explored. More sex with Luke Cage would just be overkill after that first season.
Here are some thoughts:
- How about her ties to the first coming of Galactus? Just a voice for the fans to feel the cosmic connection at street level.
- More crossover than just Rosario Dawson…like S.H.I.E.L.D. looking after her after the Vision beatdown for attacking Scarlett Witch. An Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. cameo would be cool… a character like Mockingbird would be substantial enough.
- The Sony deal probably wouldn’t announce it, but Jessica Jones is also heavily tied to the Spider-Man backstory. The Peter Parker thing is probably out of reach since he’s supposedly much younger age-wise. After all, she does get attacked during her pregnancy by the Green Goblin.
- A Carol Danvers backstory since they knew each other. Captain Marvel is set to come out on March 9, 2019 after the release of Ant-Man and the Wasp.
As for the Defenders roll-out as a whole, I hope they can figure out the mystical Iron Fist situation. Well if AMC can make Badlands work on the small screen, then it would be child’s play for the Marvel machinery. Figure it out Jeph Loeb. Figure it out.
Source: Marvel’s Official Website
- Previous The MCU: The Sophomore Seasons of Agent Carter and Daredevil
- Next The MCU: Black Panther Gets Solid Director
You may also like...
Sorry - Comments are closed